12 August 2016

Is it just me? Or, Kit Madness

Does this ever happen to anyone else, or is it just me?

Earlier this week my brand new Musto Evolution 60l waterproof holdall* arrived at work and I was so excited I had it out of its packaging and was brandishing it around the office showing it off in about 10 seconds flat (lucky for me my office is infected with Clipper Fever so they were at least vaguely interested in the appearance of a giant dry bag).

But hey, it was in the sale (my favourite thing) at a mere £57 instead of £115! And it has a nifty valve feature to remove excess air to save space! And an adjustable shoulder strap! And an easy-to-spot-at-night-using-a-red-light colour!

That wasn't the worst of it though - today my excitement reached a whole new level when I went to put it away in my kit cupboard (thru-hiking and sailing seems to come with a whole load of kit that demands its own space) and noticed a few things I knew I wouldn't be using until my Level 2 training in two weeks (sailing boots, sleeping bag etc). So obviously it made total sense to put those things inside the holdall to save space and having to pack them next weekend anyway. Twenty minutes later my entire kit is packed into dry bags within the giant drybag and is ready to sail.

Oops.


*Full kit review to follow after its inaugural use at Level 2 training later this month

No comments:

Post a Comment