9 February 2016

Clipper is FUN! (trust me, I'm crazy)

So I know a lot of you out there think I must be pretty crazy for wanting to get on an ocean racing yacht, cram myself in with 21 other people, and make a mad dash around the world in some of the most extreme weather conditions imaginable...

Okay, I'm  not going to even attempt to deny I am at the very least a little mad.

BUT! It isn't all freezing waves crashing overhead in the middle of the night and pasta, pasta, and more pasta. In the 13-14 Clipper Race, singing seemed to become something of an epidemic.

Yes, I did say singing epidemic. Also dancing. So far I have managed to track down two separate crews who not only had a bit of cabin fever, but felt the need to film and share the resulting madness.

Luckily for them, it makes some fantastic viewing - enjoy!

GREAT Britain - It’s Always a Good time
For some reason I can't embed this video, but it is totally worth watching, and the song has now become my go-to Clipper song if I need a bit of Clipper fun injecting into my day.

The Derry-LondonDerry-Doire crew singing 'Happy' just epitomises the joyful community spirit on board.


Are there others out there? Let me know!! Suggestions for the 17-18 singing epidemic are also welcome.


1 comment:

  1. Team Garmin's Song in 13/14 was "I Gotta Feeling", BEP ;)

    ReplyDelete