6 February 2016

All tied up in knots Part 2: Forwards, backwards and upside down

Knots seem to be plotting together to try and take over my life. 

Now that I've mastered them in the comfort of my own home where I can take my time over getting them just so, they have been whispering to me that I need to be able to do them faster, at all sorts of strange angles, and equally well with my left hand as my right. 

Hmm.

The results have been mixed so far - figure of eights, reefs, bowlines, round turn and two half hitches, clove hitches,  and admiralties all seem fine with my left, but left-handed single and double sheets are eluding me. I seem to end up in a ridiculous tangle whenever I try and my right hand keeps having to come to the rescue.

I heard mutterings about blindfold knot tying tests next...I fear a mutiny is in the making.

Round turn and two half hitches
Admiralty
Rolling hitch


No comments:

Post a Comment