28 December 2016

Happy Christmas!

Happy Christmas everyone!


I hope you're all having a wonderful holiday and making the most of the dry weather to get out and enjoy yourselves.

Now that I'm enjoying a temporary lull between the mania of hosting Christmas for 6 people and partying the new year in, I'm finally studying for my RYA Essential Navigation certificate (a mere 2 1/2 months after signing up for it...). So far, so good! Thanks to a few on board lessons from First Mate Paul Atwood during my Level 2 training, I was already pretty familiar with buoys which has definitely helped me on my way.

Flipping my hikers brain from plotting map co-ordinates longitude-latitude (along the corridor and up the stairs) to latitude-longitude (up the stairs and along the corridor) is taking some definite mental flexing though! Why oh why does it have to be a different way round for land and sea? Maybe I'll just have a little more cheese to help power the old noggin...


No comments:

Post a Comment