4 November 2015

New normal

"There will no doubt be challenges between now and the start line and so mental strength is the first thing that will be tested. Every crew member either doubts their own ability or sanity. J So you’ll be in good company there. Once you’re on the start line the physical challenges begin, but you will absolutely deal with those. Partly because you won’t have any choice. When we don’t have a get out option, we amaze ourselves with just how strong and resilient we can be."
- Vikki Gillard, Clipper Ventures

In the middle of a stressful afternoon at work yesterday, I received this perfectly timed and reassuring email from Clipper telling me that feeling crazy right now is normal. 
It's good to know that doubting my sanity is totally normal, as it's now been a week since I received my crew contract for Clipper 17/18, and I still can't quite believe I got a berth! It's also just what I needed to hear now that I'm spreading the word among my friends and family and they keep calling me crazy (in a good way).

Crazy is the new normal. Words to live by!



No comments:

Post a Comment