30 October 2015

Why Clipper 17-18?

I have always had a fascination, love, and healthy respect for water and the sea, and when I first heard about the Clipper Race I immediately knew that I wanted to take part. Taking part in the Clipper Race to me represents a wealth of opportunity to test myself to the limits (and find out where those limits are), learn new skills, and also to explore the world in a truly unique and exciting way.

While taking part in the Clipper Race I intend to raise sponsorship for British Red Cross, a charity that is very close to my heart. I have already raised over £1200 this year by taking part in walking and hiking challenges, and I can't wait to take to the seas for this incredible charity and help raise funds and awareness of the work that they do.

Taking part in the Clipper Race is also a chance for me to be part of something bigger than myself – part of a team, working to support the invaluable work of British Red Cross and Official Race Charity UNICEF, and inspiring others to push themselves to take on new and exciting challenges every day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment